Tuesday 6 December 2011

5. Fats Domino- This is Fats

Release Date: 1956
Label: Imperial

Ignore the terrible record cover that looks like it's come from the imagination of a ten year old schoolboy, forget the fact that, in his later years, Fats went on to take a slice out of the fresh pizza market. Just listen to this album for what it is and what it does. What does it do? Not a lot, it doesn't even last for thirty-minutes (cheapskate!). I liked the album, but I didn't love it, and after the highlights ('Blueberry Hill', 'Blue Monday' and 'Honey Chile') I got a little bored. Sorry Fats. The piano chord progression reminded me of a Bonzo Dog Band track that I can't remember the name of.

Overall: 6/10
Favourite Track: Blueberry Hill


Next Album: Duke Ellington- Ellington at Newport 1956

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...