Monday 12 December 2011

21. Miles Davis- A Kind of Blue


MilesDavisKindofBlue.jpg

Release Date: 1959
Label: Columbia

Second time around for Miles Davis, and the album which is generally regarded as the best of his career. Not by me though. I once owned A Kind of Blue, but I took it back to the man behind the counter. I have never understood its appeal (obviously my slight jazzphobia is partly to blame). I make no attempt to suggest it's not as good as critical/public opinion says it is; it's just not for me. I think there's a few more records to come from Miles so hopefully I'll appreciate those more. Otherwise I'll just have to suffer.

Overall: 6/10
Favourite Track: So What



Next Album: Marty Robbins- Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...