Wednesday 28 October 2015

42. The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night

Release Date: 1964
Label: Parlophone

Chaaaaaaaaaaang!!!!! Whenever nobody asks me to choose my favourite Beatles album from their early days (i.e. the days where moptops overruled the moustaches) I always pick 'A Hard Day's Night'. It's their first made up entirely of originals, and if anything it proves how much better they were at songwriting than any of their contemporaries. Every song on here packs at punch, with the first knock-out blow of the title tracks opening chord (probably the most discussed chord in popular music!) to the resigned farewell of 'I'll Be Back', this album has me falling in love with The Beatles again and again.

Rating: 10/10
Favourite Track: I'll Be Back


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...