Tuesday 27 October 2015

27. The Everly Brothers - A Date With The Everlys

Release Date: 1960
Label: Warner Bros.

Now, I'm no expert when it comes to dating, but it's advisable not to date two guys at the same time if you can help it. It's probably recommended that you don't date two guys who are likely to know each other; I'd even go as far as saying you shouldn't date brothers. You should definitely not date brothers at the same time so they both feel inspired to write a whole album about you and then screw them over by leaving them both for some other dude at the end of it. Yes Cathy, I'm speaking to you!

I am a big fan of The Everly Brothers, so I was looking forward to this, and it did not disappoint. It was short, sharp and to the point. The harmonies are glorious and I could listen to the record again and again. The only thing preventing it from getting 5/5 is because, at under thirty minutes, it feels a little short. No doubt one of the reasons why Cathy left them both for the clown.

Overall: 8.5/10
Favourite Track: Love Hurts



Next Album: Jimmy Smith - Back At The Chicken Shack

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...