Thursday 29 October 2015

43. Jacques Brel - A L'Olympia 1964

Release Date: 1964
Label:

Despite it being my least favourite subject (P.E. doesn't count!), I managed to get an A in GCSE French, which either suggests I am a natural francophile, or the exams were very easy. Unfortunately I've forgotten most of said language, even though my girlfriend is fluent in it, and I have family living over there now. Looking like his either just been dumped, or his plane is late, Jacques Brel perfects the look of 'bored young man' on the front cover of this album, and even though I couldn't make head nor tail of the lyrics, I really enjoyed the way it just screamed cigar smoke and continental Europe at you. The only negatives? The language barrier. which is my fault and I don't think Spotify had the tracks in the correct order.

Rating: 7/10
Favourite Track: Amsterdam



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...