Thursday 21 June 2018

300 - New York Dolls - New York Dolls


NewYorkDollsNewYorkDolls.jpg

Release Date: 1973
Label: Mercury

I am (unofficially) 30% of the way through this book. At the rate I'm going, I should get it done in sixteen years. New York Dolls are a band who are probably more famous for inspiring bands that came after them - The Sex Pistols being the prime example. I'm aware of Johnny Thunders (real name - John Thunderstorm ) through Nick Cave but that's it. As far as the album is concerned it was very good, managing to combine a punk attitude with a love of 60s girl-groups. Also, I'm convinced 'Private World' has been sampled elsewhere, but I can't figure it out. I've definitely heard parts of it somewhere else though.

Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...