Sunday 17 June 2018

269. Al Green - Let's Stay Together


Letsstaytogether cover.jpg

Release Date: 1972
Label: Hi

I listened to this song on a Friday night, after a particularly stressful few days at work and boy did it make me feel good about the world. In spite of his shady past, skulking around billiard rooms with candlesticks or revolvers, I imagine Al Green to be one of those people you can't find fault with. He probably buys groceries for the elderly; helps kids learn to ride a bike; and encourages adults to pursue their dreams. The album starts with his best known track and doesn't let up until the final note of the last track. This was a lovely record and one I'll definitely try to add to my collection.

Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...