Sunday 26 November 2017

1960s - What Have We Learnt?

Like a lot of people on this here internet, I have decided to try and listen to all 1001 albums before I die. This is a challenge I started in 2011 and I haven't always been good at keeping up with it - what with life getting in the way and all. I started listening to the albums from the 60s two years ago, and have only just finished. I also realise that by listening to albums only once, I'm probably not giving many of them a fair trial. But if they grab my attention on that first listen then they've got a good chance of being purchased!

Of the albums I hadn't heard (I haven't bothered listening to the ones I already own) only Nick Drake - Five Years Left received a 10/10 rating. Perhaps I'm being harsh on others, but I'm trying not to be too infectious with my praise. I have also been purchasing - when and where possible - any album that I''ve rated 8 or above (of course this score is applied after only one listen so my tastes may change over time). Perhaps I will listen to the albums marked 7/10 again one day and reevaluate them?

Anyway, let's hope it doesn't take me two years to listen to all of the albums from the 1970s. We're beginning with Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Here are a few 'awards' to keep things interesting

Best Album (excluding ones I already owned): Nick Drake - Five Years Left
Worst Album: Bee Gees - Odessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...