Wednesday 8 November 2017

115. Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison


 Cover shows a close up of Cash's face, looking at the camera.

 Release Date: 1968
Label: Columbia

We're going back a few steps here because I forgot to post an entry for this album. This another album I've owned for a while, along with '... San Quentin'. It was probably bought at the same time Joaquin Phoenix played the title role in the Cash Biopic, 'Walk The Line'. I may have confessed before that I'm not often a fan of 'Live' albums (I'm thinking of James Brown and Jerry Lee Lewis here) but I think Johnny Cash excels at this. It probably helps that the acoustics are better, the sound clearer, and the songs stronger. Also, Johnny Cash has a way with audiences that means he seems to appeal to both the prisoners and the guards.

Rating: 8/10
Favourite Track: Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...