Sunday 26 November 2017

166. The Grateful Dead - Live/Dead


A painting of a woman floating above a casket holding a banner reading "DEAD" behind a background with the word "LIVE"

Release Date: 1969
Label: Warner Bros.

Coming in at over 70 minutes, this record - containing only seven songs (one of which is just over thirty seconds) - is a bit of a task to listen to. However, whilst it isn't life changing, it isn't terrble either. To be honest, I thought it would be a lot worse than it actually was and only the penultimate track, 'Feedback' left me feeling cold. Unfortunately, I can't imagine a time where I'd choose to listen to this again. It seems there a lot of double-albums being released around this time, and unfortunately this is one of those that doesn't hold my attention.


Rating: 5/10
Favourite Track: Turn On Your Love Light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...