Sunday 29 October 2017

119. The Byrds - The Notorious Bird Brothers


NotoriousByrdBrothers.jpg

Release Date: 1968
Label: Columbia

I've written earlier on this blog about my belief that The Byrds were much better at writing folk-rock than pyschedelia, and this album does nothing to disprove my theory. Of course, it may just be that I prefer the former genre. A lot of the music I've listened to from this book at the moment has been of the 'mind-bending' variety. As this latest offering from the high-flying Byrds got underway, I genuinely thought I was going to enjoy this, but my pleasure didn't last the length of the album - which, give that it's less than 30mins long, is nothing to be proud of.


Rating: 5/10
Favourite Track:  Old John Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...